fredag 5 augusti 2011

Money will make you happier

Before you read this, please open your music-program and start play the album Outskirt by Swedish artist Daniel Norgren. It. Is. Truly. Brilliant.

Now, let's get to todays story.

I cannot tell you how happy I am about the upcoming fall. I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this, the cheer excitement is killing me. And my wallet. I'm talking, of course, about the gaming autumn of 2011. I mean, how many great games will we play this year? I can name a few of my personal favorites, but I'm sure you've got a lot more. The three biggest games for me is without doubt the 1C developed Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, Stockholm based DICE's Battlefield 3 and Tru Blu's Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge. Yep, you got that last one right?
Finally I say! A great rugby game is upon us and I can already tell from the adverts and in-game pictures it is going to be, as the Americans say, awesome!

But there is so much more than just these three contenders. Not only do we got RAGE or FIFA 12, but we also get to lay our hands on Dead Island, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations, among many. How on earth am I going to get enough "cash" to buy all of these gems? I have thought about this thing called Donation via Paypal, if you donate a fiver I'm sure I will make as much as "Notch" (who earns about 1 million pounds every other minute thanks to the genial Minecraft) in no time what so ever.

But let me get back to Red Orchestra. The lads at Tripwire really seems to know what they do, because everything about Orchestra looks and sounds exquisite. And actually, I'm most looking forward to the singleplayer campaign in this one. Unfortunately I do not think the multiplayer will get as much attention as it should be given. Every bloke, and girl for that matter, that I know plays games, will not leave Call Of Duty multiplayer behind and move on to Red Orchestra. Thats just the way it is I'm afraid. But then what would you expect when Call Of Duty has about 9 billion players online continuously?

My comment on Battlefield 3 is quite simple. It looks brilliant. Thats it really.

And finally I'm going to lay my hands on a GOOD rugby game for the first time. Have you lot seen the pictures and video of it? Sure, I can admit it isn't going to be as good as FIFA 12 or even FIFA 10 for that matter, but hey, when was the last time you saw a good rugby game in High Definition? Exactly!
I will even be able to build my own team, create my own players and be able to create my own competitions, now how about that for a starter?
The game will also come with 31 stadia, 93 teams and Grant Nisbett with Justin Marshall in the commentating booth. It all sounds very promising and on paper I think this game will be truly great. But I should not shout in the air with both my arms until I've actually had time to play it. There is no demo, and not much fact about it even though it is scheduled to be on the market Q3 this year.

To round up todays topic and this week in fact (next story on Monday morning) I want every one of you to ceep your fingers crossed that the brilliant game Off-Road Drive from Russia will be released soon. It will probably be the best game ever made.



//Tooner

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar