torsdag 4 augusti 2011

General thoughts of roads

It is obviously that mankind is somewhat bright. Just think of how many authors of books there are in the world today and how much the worlds scientists has discovered. Quite impressive, yes? We have always been able to solve problems, well some people can't but most can. I strongly think that mankind's greatest achievement is the science of the law of physics. Think about it. Just after a couple of hours of queueing, you can have a tight walk in a tight corridor and have seat in what a the russians call a "samolet", wich in english means airplane. This airplane-thing then rolls of to a runway and then takes off. Thanks to science, people can fly. And queue at airports...

Without science we wouldn't have cars either. And that would be a sad thing. Imagine you would have to walk or go by horse (wich is a big animal living where there are no trees) wherever you want to go. Not a good idea if I'm honest. Just think about all the great cars that have rolled out the factories and sheds over the years. If there were no scientist or brave lads in those sheds, we would not have cars like the Lamborghini Aventador, Aston Martin V8, Noble M600 or the Volvo 245GL. I'm sure you agree with the last one... I can't imagine a world without cars, locomotives or planes. Boats, or "ferries" as it seems to be called where there are lots of tourist, are also a good alternative for transport, but not on any other surface than water. Including shallow reefs as I recently discovered.

If we are this bright, how come there's no person in the world that have come up with a solution for traffic jams? I honest to god believe this is a general problem. My idols at the famous car show Top Gear are always on this subject, and I agree with everything they say. There are simply a lot of roadworks going on in our country (Britain if you haven't noticed) and what can we do to prevent the jams? Yes, the basic solution is to take a de-tour through some small villages such as Glossop or Middlesbrough, but that solution ain't that bright to be honest because every other motorist along side you are thinking the same as you, so the Church Street in Glossop will be quite crowded...



The best way to avoid traffic jams seems to be the simplicity of leaving your brand new Mazda at home and  have a lovely walk. As you notice, I can't figure any good solution. Hope someone will, because I simply hate traffic jams of all sort.
Now, around where I live (Gosforth, Newcastle) there aren't that many jams, but I quite often go to London and my oh my...! I've got to tell you right now that the best way to go to London centre by car is to drive it to Borehamwood, park it where you're allowed to park it and then walk or go by public transport, if even that helps. You see, roadworks ain't the problem on the A1, it's the 10 billion cars on it I'm affraid...

Until someone can come up with a solution for the traffic jams, I can only suggest walking. Or fly, it's brilliant.

//Tooner

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar